Kobo Instant Messenger, Nigeria’s very own free mobile messaging app from LCN, is steadily emerging as one of the top free app on the Google Playstore, Amazon App store, Opera app store, and BlackberryWorld appstore and available all across Nigeria and the world — to download visit http://www.koboim.com. The application which launched in November 2014, has clocked in over 5,000 registered and regular users from over 80 countries and over 20-million messages sent within months of its launch. KoboIM, which comes in 16 different languages (English, Arabic, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Hebrew, Danish, Swedish, Dutch, German, and Norwegian), is currently competing favorably with industry incumbents who’ve enjoyed strong dominance in the market for over half a decade now. The spike in its popularity numbers also comes close on the heels of its recently launched social media marketing campaign in Nigeria.
The application and its features have been developed keeping in mind the local market and it caters to solving cultural and infrastructural problems such as lack of privacy, inconsistent data connectivity among many others. This has resulted in development of some very interesting and useful features that is taking the popularity of the app to a new level.
About KoboIM and its developer: KoboIM is a truly made in Nigeria app and is developed by Love Connection Nigeria Limitied. The main developer behind the development of this app is Olanrewaju (‘Lanre) Oluwafemi.
Features of KoboIM:
As earlier mentioned, KoboIM is packed with many unique features including ones not available on other IM apps. Here is a list of these features.
• Multi-User Chatrooms: Chat rooms for different countries and locations, e.g Naija Chat room, Africa Chatroom, Europe Chatroom, Arabian Chatroom, e.t.c
• Make/Add New Friends: You can search through the system for other KoboIM users according to different criterias, e.g. By location, By Opposite sex, By Random, e.t.c
• Localized Stickers & Emoticons: The next update will include larger and localized emoticons and stickers
• Personal Profile Editing
• User Presence status editing
• Broadcast Message
• Marketplace Classifieds: KoboIM is the first instant messenger that offers users the opportunity to buy, sell, trade phones, computers, cars, electronics, real estate, clothes, services, and post and search for jobs within the app via its unique Marketplace & Classifieds offering.
HOW TO USE KOBOIM
Download KoboIM from http://www.koboim.com or enter visit GooglePlay, Amazon appstore, Opera appstore, 1mobile appstore, or BlackberryWorld appstore and enter ‘koboim’ to download the app.
Install the app on GooglePlay (or visit http://www.koboim.com for direct links to appstores):
After successful installation, user will be prompted to enter profile details, click ‘Create’ after completion:
Click ‘Log-in’ to log into your account. Now you can begin your fun! To edit your profile Picture click ‘Friends List’. On your Friends List, click your on your phone’s ‘Settings’ button to view the menu options and click ‘Edit My Profile’ to edit your profile:
Conclusion: KoboIM messaging app can be said to be the best IM (Instant messaging – chatting/chatrooms, Free Marketplace & Classifieds and much more) out there for Nigerians looking for an all-in-one messaging experience that can’t be obtained elsewhere. To download or learn more please visit http://www.koboim.com